The Business Events program provides exhibitors with financial support to attend and participate at pre-approved exhibitions, conferences and conventions from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage) from a minimum of $10,000, up to $250,000.
Applications close 30th March 2021 and provides a fantastic opportunity to invest in a new exhibition display or event equipment (that can be used for years to come).
Am I eligible?
- Do you intend to exhibit at one or more of the events on the Schedule of Approved Business Events?
- Do you have a minimum of $20,000 in total eligible project expenditure? Eligible project expenditure includes the design, manufacture and production of display and exhibition equipment, as well as other associated costs including promotional material, travel costs and the cost to book the space. More details about eligible project expenditure can be found here
- Do you have an Australian Business Number (ABN)?
How do I apply?
- Talk to us for about your exhibition stand, so we can provide you with a quote to include in your grant application. You will also need to have compiled all your other event associated costs.
- Have a read of the grant opportunity guidelines, sample grant application form and sample grant agreement before you apply.
- Apply directly to Austrade here by the 30th March 2021.
What could my exhibition stand look like?
Why not use this opportunity to invest in a new exhibition stand that can be used for years to come. Use the below images for inspiration or check out our pre-designed stand packages here.
What happens if the event is cancelled?
If an event is cancelled in 2021 due to COVID-19, then the grant will be used to fund the non-refundable costs up to the value of the grant. This gives exhibitors confidence they will not be out of pocket should the event be cancelled.
What happens if the event is postponed?
If an event is postponed in 2021 due to COVID-19, then grant funding will remain with the applicant for use until the time of the event being re-scheduled, until 31 December 2022.
Contact our team to discuss how to maximise your ROI and get help to create a show stopping exhibition stand that can be reused year on year.
Phone: 02 9531 0090
Contact the Business Events Grants Team at Austrade to get advice on your application, discuss criteria, funding, key dates and give you an update on the initiative:
Contact Form: business.gov.au/contact-us
Phone: 13 28 46